The Sorrow Of Young Werther(附英语单词注解) 不定期更新

[复制链接]

精华

帖子

积分

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2007-8-16 23:52 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
一次兴致突发,抽了些空帮Werther注释了些单词, 这种外文名著最好还是能原汁原味地看原文体验才能更有感觉的, 虽然这是英文的, 但是毕竟是同一语系的, 好歹字母也差不太多(跟中文与德文的来说)  呵呵 其实是我不懂德文啦
不过就算是英文的也有很多的词不是很常用, 因为要符合原文的语境吧, 所以也用了好多古语和Formal的, 可能阅读的时候会有些困难
所以我为了让大家更好体验英译本的魅力, 附上了那些难些词的解释
这个作品那么长,肯定不能一次发完的, 可能几天或者更久才能更新一次, 毕竟学生也没那么时间的, 特别要考大学了
第一次发帖不知道应该发在哪里, 就先发在这了, 请斑竹帮忙弄好些

应该没违反什么规矩吧, 违反了就帮我删帖吧 告诉我一声得了... 我真的不是很懂的,平时都是潜水看帖的(不道德啊...其实是怕破坏了好帖子的质量)

还是闲话少说开始正文:

The Sorrows Of Young Werther

PREFACE
I have carefully collected whatever I have been able to learn of the story of poor Werther, and here present it to you, knowing that you will thank me for it, To his spirit and character you cannot refuse your admiration and love: to his fate you will not deny your tears. And thou, good soul, who sufferest the same distress as he endured once, draw comfort from his sorrows; and let this little book be thy friend, if owing to fortune or through thine own fault, thou canst not find a dearer companion.
deny, 否定, 即为拒绝
canst, can的古装版吧
sufferest, 同上, suffer的古装版吧(似乎好多文语或者古语都是加st的)
fortune, 命运
fate, 也是命运
endure, 忍耐
thine  你的 (古)
thou, you的古装
canst  能 can的古装

May 4.

How happy I am that I am gone! My dear friend, what a thing is the heart of man! To leave you, from whom I have been inseparable, whom I love so dearly, and yet to feel happy! I know you will forgive me. Have not other attachments been specially appointed by fate to torment a head like mine? Poor Leonora! and yet I was not to blame. Was it my fault, that, whilst the peculiar charms of her sister afforded me an agreeable entertainment, a passion for me was engendered in her feeble heart? And yet am I wholly blameless? Did I not encourage her emotions? Did I not feel charmed at those truly genuine expressions of nature, which, though but little mirthful in reality, so often amused us? Did I not -- but oh! what is man, that he dares so to accuse himself? My dear friend I promise you I will improve; I will no longer, as has ever been my habit, continue to ruminate on every petty vexation which fortune may dispense; I will enjoy the present, and the past shall be for me the past. No doubt you are right, my best of friends, there would be far less suffering amongst mankind, if men -- and God knows why they are so fashioned -- did not employ their imaginations so assiduously in recalling the memory of past sorrow, instead of bearing their present lot with equanimity.
attachment, 附件; 依恋
torment, 折磨
engender, 产生
feeble, 虚弱的,衰弱的
genuine, 真的, 不是伪造的, 真诚的
mirthful, 愉快地, 雀跃的
ruminate, 反刍(就是牛啊羊啊那种,这个字怎么读啊? 我打了半天都打不出来,只好用copy了)
vexation, 恼怒
dispense, 分发
amongst, among的古装
fashion, 打造
assiduously, 勤勉的, 恳切的
lot, 命运
equanimity, 镇定

To be continued
   可能会有些错误吧, 可能还会蛮多, 就算抛砖引玉吧!  希望大家会喜欢,都是我自己做的(当然除了正文外)

made by William's Photo Shop
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

移动版|Archiver|芦笛

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 10:43